Today is Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for? Let me count the ways…
- I have an amazing wife and eight beautiful children.
- The Lord has made it possible for me to use my talent as an artist to support my family.
- I have the use of my hands even though I have a little arthritis.
- I have been blessed with the gospel of Jesus Christ. I know my Savior.
- I was blessed with incredible parents who have always supported me and counseled with me in great wisdom.
- I learned “The Grand Master Key”’ at a young age. (James 1:5)
- I can read and learn about many things through easy access to books and knowledge.
- The Lord has at times blessed me with personal revelation…greater than any book!
- I live in a country where I am free to paint and write and live my life!
- I am thankful for the Founding Fathers and all the patriots of the past who have sacrificed for me to have all these things.
- I am so thankful for the men and women who serve in our armed forces. May God bless them.
- I am grateful for this beautiful earth we live on. Although there is ugliness and sorrow…I choose to see the beauty.
- I am grateful that I have food and shelter.
- I am grateful for ice cream and Diet Coke, but my wife says I should get off the DC.
- I have wonderful friends who are always supportive.
- I have many incredibly gifted art students who make teaching such a delight!
- I have a life of love, learning, devotion, and service. What more could anyone ask for?
This list is not in order of importance. All these are of great worth. May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as you contemplate the blessings God has given you.