11.25.2010

Counting My Blessings

Today is Thanksgiving.  What am I thankful for?  Let me count the ways…

  1. I have an amazing wife and eight beautiful children.
  2. The Lord has made it possible for me to use my talent as an artist to support my family.  
  3. I have the use of my hands even though I have a little arthritis.
  4. I have been blessed with the gospel of Jesus Christ.  I know my Savior.
  5. I was blessed with incredible parents who have always supported me and counseled with me in great wisdom.
  6. I learned “The Grand Master Key”’ at a young age.  (James 1:5)
  7. I can read and learn about many things through easy access to books and knowledge.
  8. The Lord has at times blessed me with personal revelation…greater than any book!
  9. I live in a country where I am free to paint and write and live my life!
  10. I am thankful for the Founding Fathers and all the patriots of the past who have sacrificed for me to have all these things.
  11. I am so thankful for the men and women who serve in our armed forces.  May God bless them.
  12. I am grateful for this beautiful earth we live on.  Although there is ugliness and sorrow…I choose to see the beauty.
  13. I am grateful that I have food and shelter.
  14. I am grateful for ice cream and Diet Coke, but my wife says I should get off the DC.
  15. I have wonderful friends who are always supportive.
  16. I have many incredibly gifted art students who make teaching such a delight!
  17. I have a life of love, learning, devotion, and service.  What more could anyone ask for?

This list is not in order of importance.  All these are of great worth.  May you have a wonderful Thanksgiving as you contemplate the blessings God has given you.

Sincerely,
Jon McNaughton

3 comments:

  1. Love the bit about the DC, I'm trying to get my husband off the DP. I'm grateful for talented artists like you that share their gifts for others to enjoy. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the things I'm grateful for is having such a wonderful and talented teacher!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So are you doing your workshops next year?

    Merrill in Pocatello

    ReplyDelete